Congratulations on your decision to get married or renew your vows!
The Bible opens with a marriage (Genesis 2: 18-24) and ends with a marriage feast (Revelation 19:7-10). Christian marriage is a gift given by God to God’s people for the well being of the human family. For Christians marriage is a covenant through which two people are called to live out together before God their lives of discipleship. It is a sacred and holy rite, consecrated by God.
Our Pastor / Wedding Officiant
The Rev. Dr. Mark G. Van Dorn is a professional and experienced wedding officiant who is highly respected in the community. Known as “Pastor Marcos” because of his bilingual and multicultural background, he is as a reliable and caring officiant. Pastor Marcos is a person of integrity who cares deeply about the desires of every couple. His unique sense of humor makes every wedding joyful and a celebration of love. Dr. Van Dorn values your distinctive union and by listening to your dreams and desires he makes your special day an expression of your love for each other. He offers bilingual ceremonies in Spanish and English and in a variety of locations (even underwater) for an experience you will treasure for a lifetime.
Locations…or shall we say location, location, location!
There are many choices for a memorable event ranging from unique and intimate churches and luxurious hotels to hidden gems to themed and on-the-water weddings to barefoot ceremonies and under-the-sea nuptials. Locations to be considered also include:
- Country Club and Yacht Clubs
- Hotel Weddings
- Parks & Gardens in Ft. Lauderdale and South Florida
- Places of Worship/Chapels
- Underwater (YES, YOU CAN!)
- Unique Venues / Disney weddings
- Destination wedding
- Cruise Ships
- Yacht Charters
We will assist you in creating the inspiring and heartfelt ceremony of your dreams. We are also happy to recommend a wedding coordinator.
How to reserve your wedding date (Easy as 1-2-3)
Call the church office at 954-445-7299 to make an appointment with our pastor discuss your special day and set your wedding date. You will then be asked to completely fill out a wedding application, which must include the dates and times for both the wedding and the rehearsal. A $350 non-refundable deposit to secure the date on our church calendar should be included along with the wedding application. The remaining $150 balance must be paid no later than two weeks prior to the wedding date. For more information you may also e-mail us at info@FloridaFaithChurch.com
E-mail the information below to: Info@FloridaFaithChurch.com with “The BIG day” as the subject.
- Today’s Date
- Name of Bride (First, Middle, Last):
- Name of Groom (First, Middle, Last):
- Wedding Date
- Wedding TimeNOTE: You will be required to arrive 1 hour prior to your ceremony and many venues will only allow 2 hours after your ceremony for break-down. This block of 3 hours includes set-up, ceremony, wedding photos and removal of any decorations.
- Rehearsal Date:
- Rehearsal Time (no later than 5pm):NOTE: One hour is allotted for wedding rehearsals
- Bride’s Contact Information (full address, best contact phone number, and email address)
- Initial________ We have read and understood all the information listed pertaining to weddings at www.FloridaFaithChurch.com and agree to abide by all its guidelines.
- Brides electronic signature:
- Groom’s electronic signature:
We are not able to accept incomplete applications so please be sure to completely fill out all information including wedding rehearsal dates and times.
Fees and License
A marriage license issued by the Clerk of the Courts (201 SE 6th St, Fort Lauderdale. Rm# 270. 954-831-6600.) must be presented at the time of the rehearsal. Marriage Licenses in Florida are good for 60 days from the date of issue.
The fee for the wedding varies depending upon the venue, coordinator and music. Many couples married in local churches utilize $1,600.00 as a budget for the services of the Pastor, small-scale wedding coordination, an Organist and use of the facilities. Any other special services will be extra. This includes the $350 non- refundable deposit to reserve the date. The remaining balance is due at least two weeks prior to the wedding date.